Welcome to the McIntyre Exam Centre (MEC)
The McIntyre Exam Centre is designed to provide services to both students and instructors at Carleton in order to meet a variety of accommodation needs during scheduled tests and exams. Scheduling and Examination Services (SES) is responsible for the operation of MEC.
In order to achieve our mandate, MEC works closely with the Paul Menton Centre (PMC), who is responsible for documenting?student accommodation needs, the details of which are shared with MEC?staff, who are then responsible for ensuring to provide the number of seats required for each course and the appropriate accommodation arrangements for each student scheduled to write at the Centre. MEC also works closely with Equity Services, who coordinates appropriate accommodations based on religious observance or pregnancy, to be implemented by MEC during exams.
MEC’s main office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 4:30pm. Please note the office is closed from 12:00pm-1:00pm daily.
We provide the following services/products to students with approved accommodations:
- Extended time for tests and exams
- Rooms of 5 students and 15 students maximum to help minimize distraction and allow for a quieter environment
- Rooms with non-florescent and natural lighting
- Private rooms for students requiring this accommodation
- Computers with the following software: Kurzweil, Dragon, JAWS, Zoom, Inspiration, Microsoft Word 2013, MATLAB, and?Dev-C++
- Print/font enlargement (up to 16 pt.)
- Scribe and/or Reader (non-discipline specific?only)
- Ergonomic?and kneeling chairs
- Height adjustable desks
Useful info for instructors
Important info for our students
Thursday, April 12, 2018
Adverse Weather Forecast for April 14 – 16
Scheduling and Examination Services would like to remind everyone that in the event of adverse weather conditions from Saturday, April 14 - Monday, April 16, 2018, exams will continue as scheduled. We ask that students...
Tuesday, January 17, 2017
Exams at MEC
The McIntyre Exam Centre (MEC) is currently experiencing a high volume of exam booking requests. Periods leading into, and out of, the February Winter Break are especially busy for our Centre. As a result, booking requests may take...