Mail Services picks up and delivers mail at 170 locations across campus traveling through the tunnels to approximately 25 buildings.
Notice Regarding Canada Post Strike
As of Monday October 22nd, the Canada Union of Postal Workers (CUPW) has begun rotating strike activities across Canada. This means that mail and parcels will not be delivered or picked up in affected areas during these strike periods. The union is still in a legal strike position until noon Eastern Time (ET), November 27. While we expect operations to resume in all affected areas as of noon ET today, backlogs remain severe and customers should continue to expect delays for the foreseeable future.
OTTAWA IS CURRENTLY ON STRIKE.
In the event of a strike in Ottawa, there will be certain restrictions placed on Mail Services that will result in the following temporary delays. Regular service would resume once the strike has ended for our region.
Domestic Canadian Mail
The pickup and delivery of all mail to/from campus will cease, except for couriers other than Canada Post.
Alternate delivery methods are as follows:
- Courier – check the Purchasing website www.carleton.ca/purchasing/
- Utilize email/fax if possible to deliver documents/communicate with clients and businesses.
Canada Post Mail boxes
- Canada Post mail boxes situated on campus will not be emptied during this period. It is therefore advisable not to use these boxes during the strike.
USA and International Mail
- Mail to USA and International destinations is currently not being picked up due to our carrier being overwhelmed by demand during the labour action. We anticipate the next pickup will be on Tuesday, November 27.
- Mail sent via IUTS will continue to be picked up and delivered to the Library for delivery through CanPar.
On Campus Mail
- Internal campus mail pickup and deliveries will continue as normal.
Any further information regarding the above please contact Don Johnson at X4300. For updates on the rotating strike, please see www.canadapost.ca/update.